The Good Samaritan Inn Homeless Shelter
Our Board Members
The shelter opened in 2000 in a rented rooming house. We are now located in South Porcupine and have housed up to 40 men and women in separate wings. Since opening as many as 12,000 people have made use of our services. In a typical year we serve approximately 30,000 hot meals.
Residents are provided with necessary clothing, laundry facilities, counseling, and assistance in filling out forms, resumes and job applications.
Clients are referred through local agencies, police or are transients in need of a place to stay.
Residents are helped by staff to integrate into the community.
Staff includes security 24/7, full time cook and receptionist and volunteer counselors.
* Over 12,000 homeless & near homeless served since 2000.
* Approximately 30,000 meals served in 2011 to our homeless and near homeless clients.
We provide 3 nutritious meals daily, shelter, all clothing as needed, plus we provide appliances, furniture, beds & clothing as needed when our clients leave us.
* Over 100 hours of counseling every month. Group sessions and 1 on 1 sessions.
* Over 100 food baskets yearly to help our community friends who need our help.
* We provide hope, dignity, kindness and respect.
* Over 500 near homeless helped with food, clothing, furniture and appliances every year.
Agnes Okonmah - Office Manager
Hugh Lauay - Chief security / Maintenance
Conrad Belair - Assistant Security
Carmen Pizzaro - Cook